About the Blog.

Submit to the Voice of Truth that rings loudly in your ears.

Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.

Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.

I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Time wears thin and slumber calls/
Therefore, I will outline points/
Bullet-notes to spark my mind/
Highlights of my recent days.

I'll flesh them out later.

  • Michael, the homeless friend tonight outside Exit/In
  • Sleeping At Last Show tonight
  • Finishing "Searching For God Knows What"
  • Oh how I need my Savior
  • The Unexpected
  • Shower thoughts on Sunday / Church
  • What is Love? (Baby Don't Hurt Me)
I'll end with the beginning of a poem/song/prayer I wrote on the way back tonight. I have another few poems/songs in the works that wil make there way here soon. Note to self: don't drift from the scripture in this blog. It's your lifeglue.

Let me speak with Your tongue
Let me walk with Your feet
Let me act with Your hands
By Your heart may I beat.

No comments: