Let me be satisfied. Let me be content and assured.
There is so much evidence that I am truly blessed and honored. Why should I need anything more? Why should I feel so restless and unfulfilled?
There was this old CCM song back when I was in middle school and still listened to WAY-FM. "There's a God-shaped hole in all of us," they sang, "and it's a hold that only he can fill." I remember reading something very similar in Mere Christianity in high school, but of course the melody and lyrics of the CCM song have stuck with me, instead of Lewis' brilliantly-written work of apologetics.
I feel this hole in my heart that longs to be filled with anything -- respect, success, fortune, fame, popularity, a relationship, possessions, and the like -- but is ultimately something that only the Love and Salvation of Christ can truly occupy. Before I can try to gain anything else in this world, I must first be confident in my faith, fully aware that my Lord is my All in All.
About the Blog.
Submit to the Voice of Truth that rings loudly in your ears.
Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.
Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.
I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.
Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.
Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.
I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment