- tired
- busy
- avoiding my problems
- creating much bigger ones
- distracted
- creatively inspired
- a bit depressed
- overwhelmed
- far too hopeful
- relentlessly searching
- off-schedule
- stuck in the past and future
- writing a lot, but not on here
- going to fix that
- trying to improve myself
- trying to let go
- trying not to try so hard
- going to stop this list.
In light of all the things I am and am not, and in the greater light of all that my God IS, let me learn to discard my ways and pick up the mantle of the Holy and Perfect Father. My problems arise from my humanity and my sin -- my unfulfilled desires and my selfish ways of trying to satisfy myself. If I truly believed and had the assurance of I AM, I should need nothing more.
Here's something I wrote recently. I think this was the poem I wrote after a long and strange night I'll talk about later. I'd just seen Sleeping At Last play and I had met a homeless man named Michael. I was thinking about who I wanted to be and who I am.
Flourish, O my Faith, and grow
Into a mighty tree of oak.
Forget the pains and painted woes --
The doubts that sprouted forth in smoke.
That's all there is so far. I want to work more on this.
I'll go ahead and post some more lyrics/poems I've been working on.
I think this next one will be a song with a bit of a swing feel.
Pen to paper, lips to words
Each result is so absurd
Hand to forehead, eyes to floor
Fake a smile and find the door
And it's such a tragic ending
Yes, each act is the same
I'm the Fool who keeps pretending
That he'll Rob the royal name.
More to come on that one as well. I think i've got one or two more to share... but they're in antoher notebook. Oh well. this has gone on far too logn. I'm hot from having my laptop in my lap, and I have to get up at 8 AM for class. Plus i have a 9:30 test. Darn.
Lord, let me follow You and not myself. Give me strength and purpose, assurance and will. Let me be a light for Your sake and a beacon of truth.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment