About the Blog.

Submit to the Voice of Truth that rings loudly in your ears.

Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.

Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.

I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.


Friday, February 29, 2008

Patience & Psalm 130

I was just thinking about how silly I am when it comes to patience. I want so many things without having to wait. I selfishly consider what I do not have instead of what I've got. I dwell on the work I don't want to do instead of actually doing it. It's ridiculous how self-seeking and impatient I can be.

I thought of a verse from Psalm 130 in the midst of all this -- "My soul waits for the lord, more than watchmen wait for the morning". Of all the things I should wait upon, surely my Savior should be first. Then, of course, all other things will fall into their proper place. I can learn to trust God and wait upon His timing and His gifts. In the meantime, it's my duty to do the work I'm given and be a good steward of my gifts and time.

1 Out of the depths I cry to you, LORD;

2 Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.

3 If you, LORD, kept a record of sins,
Lord, who could stand?

4 But with you there is forgiveness,
so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

5 I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

6 I wait for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.

7 Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.

8 He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.

Jesus Christ our Savior is worth waiting for. He is our hope and our greatest reward. The blessing of God is with us. No more shall we wait on the world.

No comments: