Still happy.
Tonight has been an absolute blast! Live back at Belmont this fall has started wonderfully. I'm living in my first apartment, on campus in Hillside with some of my best friends. Read, Mike, and our new friend Brinley are holding down 2701 with me, and we've had so much fun together. Tonight was some good old fellowship and fun, with incredible hamburgers at Brown's diner, followed by fresh-baked Ghirardelli brownies at the apt, then a screening of my favorite movie of all time... Back to the Future! I was grinning and happily chuckling throughout the whole movie -- it's just so good, and the night's been so much fun. Not to mention that we're cooking our weekly Saturday Morning Super-breakfast in the AM, complete wiht Applewood smoked bacon. mmmm....
Now that I have that block of text out of the way and I've expressed just how happy I'm feeling right now, I'll catch up a bit. As I mentioned, the fall semester here at Belmont has been off to a good start. I'm really enjoying my classes, and it's been wonderful to reunite with my friends. I've been really busy with music, too -- The Nova Ray has been hard at work with new songs and shows, and I've kept up playing with Austin Manuel, too. I'm looking forward to playing some more of my solo songs as well. We'll see what this fall holds.
I've felt some good community with God as of late, too. I haven't always kept Him as my focus, but it's been easier than it was this time last year. Things are simpler and I'm finding that I have more of a desire to read, speak, and live acording to the Gospel.
I've gotta take a break now.. we're about to start BTTF II.
More to come later.
-Rob
About the Blog.
Submit to the Voice of Truth that rings loudly in your ears.
Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.
Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.
I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.
Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.
Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.
I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment