About the Blog.

Submit to the Voice of Truth that rings loudly in your ears.

Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.

Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.

I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happiness.

I'm happy right now. Very much so.

I have to keep this short, because I've gotta get up at 7:30 for work, but I wanted to leave a little post.

Friends are returning to town, school is about to start, business is picking up, and I find myself in one of the best mindsets I've ever had. I'm experiencing joy, purpose, confidence, and excitement in a deeper way than I usually do, and it's a wonderful thing.

I've recently learned a lot about what it means to be open and honest with people. It's not quite as hard as it seems, and rewards one with deeper relationships and a comforting peace of mind. I love my friends so much, and I want to bless them with encouragement and authentic care.

I'll write more soon! For now, it's bedtime.

No comments: