About the Blog.

Submit to the Voice of Truth that rings loudly in your ears.

Resist the deceptive call of this world -- it brings sorrow alone.

Named after James 4:7, this blog is a small catalogue of my interactions with scripture and spirit - the verses written long ago which hold unending revelations and the greatest honesty I've ever known. These histories, songs, and gospels speak of love, doubt, hope, fear, faith, despair, and salvation. This ever-present Living Word is my heartbeat.

I'm slowly learning to listen -- to submit and resist.


Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Need Thee Every Hour

It's late, I'm tired, and things have been pretty crazy. Good, bad, absurd, and confusing events are going on all around me, and while I finish my take-home test I started singing this hymn (the band Anathallo does a fantastic performance of it)

I Need Thee Every Hour
by Annie Hawks

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is in vain.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed, Thou blessèd Son.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

No comments: